In order to obtain a good result, we advise to carefully read and follow our installation instructions. Here are some key takeaways to get you started:
- Let the planks acclimatize for 48 hours in the middle of the room where the floor is to be installed.
- Remove any damp-porous floor covering (carpet, needle felt, etc.) first.
- Make sure the subfloor is level, clean, firm and dry.
- Additional instructions apply if there is underfloor heating or cooling.
- Cooking islands for kitchens and other very heavy objects should be installed first and not placed on top of the laminate.
- Before you start, carefully measure the length and width of the room to plan a precise layout to achieve a balanced appearance of the floor.
- Make sure the panels are mixed sufficiently when you install them to obtain the best visual effect.
- First install the right underlay.
- Start with the first full plank that will be installed in the corner.
- With lengths or widths of more than 13, there should be an intermediate expansion joint.
- Additional instructions apply if you're installing laminate flooring in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms or entrance areas.