Keep your new floor in prime condition for many years.
Balterio laminate flooring is very easy to maintain. With the proper maintenance
products, your floor will preserve its wonderful qualities for many, many years.
- Avoid contact with dirt, sand, grit and substances such as oil or asphalt by
placing carpets and vinyl-back doormats at the front- and backdoor.
- Use floor protectors and furniture legs/wheels with a large ground surface to
limit the impact of heavy objects.
- Maintain a relative indoor air humidity of between 40 and 60% all year round, in
order to limit natural expansion and contraction of the wood.
- Avoid cutting and grooving in your flooring by sharp objects. If you have chairs
with wheels, make sure they are made of soft rubber.
- The surface of your new laminate flooring is particularly durable and wear
resistant, so that it requires no additional treatment. No need for sanding,
varnishing, polishing or waxing, meaning that the typical and intrinsic properties
of your laminate flooring are retained.
- Balterio laminate floors have a hard, closed surface, so that you needn’t always
clean it with a damp mop. Every once in a while will do.
This way, you avoid lasting damage to your floor.
- Remove all dirt and dust with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner with a soft parquet brush.
- Clean the floor with a dry dust cloth.
- Replace the dust cloth and clean again.
- Remove any remaining dirt with a laminate cleaner.
- Replace the dust cloth with a slightly damp cloth and clean again.
- If necessary, repeat the slightly damp cleaning process.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft parquet brush or dry electrostatic dust cloths
that attract dirt,
dust and hair like a magnet.
- Work the floor cleaner lengthways along the panels, in an overlapping zigzag
motion and with long strokes across the floor.
- Wet cleaning is not recommended, because it can cause lasting damage to your
Clean your laminate flooring with a well wrung out cloth instead.
- Work the cloth lengthways along the panels, in a fluent zigzag motion across the floor, without applying pressure.
- Clean the surface thoroughly with a clean cloth (cotton/towelling) and remove any puddles immediately.
- Rubber marks, scrapes or scuffs from shoe
heels, dirt from the street, pencil or crayon
use a dust cloth.
- Fruit, berries, milk, beer, wine, tea, soft
wipe off immediately with an absorbent cloth - or with a damp cloth if it has already dried in - and rub dry.
- Blood, urine:
remove immediately with a damp cloth and wipe off any remaining dirt with a suitable laminate cleaner.
- Nail polish, shoe polish, varnish, ink, makeup,
remove with a drop of acetone on a clean cloth which you should apply on the stain only.
follow the safety instructions that come with the product used.
Do not use greasy chemical cleaners such as white spirit.
- Chocolate, fat, oil,...:
remove with a suitable laminate cleaner.
- Greasy stains:
may occur after cleaning as certain cleaning products can leave an oily residue (film) on the floor. We recommend to mix ± 2 ml of lemon juice or plane vinegar in a bucket of clean water (5-10 liter) and mop the laminate with a well-wrung cloth (see instructions for intensive use). In case of a persistent residue, this will have to be repeated several times.