Questions & Answers

Static electricity is caused by friction between different materials. A person coming into contact with these materials can suffer an electric shock. Static electricity in laminate floors can have different causes: too dry air in combination with too high temperatures, the presence of air-conditioning that makes the air dry, high friction on the floor with certain materials such as a rubber shoe soles, the presence of many electrical appliances in a room with laminate floor, etc. Some persons are also more sensitive to static electricity than others. In the vast majority of cases however there are no problems with static electricity. If the problem does nevertheless occur it is usually sufficient to increase the relative air humidity in the room to 55 % to 60 % to reduce the charging of the laminate floor.